Reward offered for return of pub life belt
SOHAM publican Tony Parramint is offering a reward to reel in a thief who wrenched a life belt from the fence in The Ship pub garden. Tony is putting up £50 or fifty pints of beer to the person who returns the life belt, one of a pair, and gives the name
SOHAM publican Tony Parramint is offering a reward to reel in a thief who wrenched a life belt from the fence in The Ship pub garden.
Tony is putting up £50 or fifty pints of beer to the person who returns the life belt, one of a pair, and gives the name of the culprit to the police.
"A regular customer who has since died donated the life belt to enhance the pub," said Tony. "It has a certain amount of sentimental value hence the reason we are offering such a big reward to get in back in this chap's memory."
The life belt was padlocked to the fence in the garden and the thief managed to wrench it from its brackets and make off with it on Saturday evening.
You may also want to watch:
Tony believes it may have been dumped locally and is urging anyone who finds it to get in touch.
"I am more than happy to go out and collect it even if it means wading into the river for it," said Tony.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
INFO: Anyone with any information should call the police on 0845 456 456 4. The Ship can be contacted on 01353 720319.