Reward of £15,000 offered following aggravated burglary at Upware
- Credit: Archant
The elderly victim of an aggravated burglary in Upware has offered a £15,000 reward in a bid to identify the offenders and recover stolen property.
The victim, a man in his 70s, was at home with his wife on December 1, when four men wearing balaclavas entered his home making threats.
They stole a ring the man was wearing before leaving the property. A mobile phone was also taken during the incident, which took place at about 8.15pm.
The reward is available for information leading to return of the stolen property and conviction of those involved. Those wishing to claim the reward will need to contact police directly by calling 101.
Detective Constable Steven Gilbey said: “This was a terrifying ordeal for victims. We urge anyone with information to contact us.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information regarding this incident should contact police on 101, call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or visit https://crimestoppers-uk.org/
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor