Warm welcome to Ely for Revd Canon Dr Paul Andrews at special service
- Credit: Archant
A special service was held for the licensing of the Revd Canon Dr Paul Andrews in Ely.
Revd Andrews was welcomed by the Archdeacon of Huntingdon and Wisbech, The Venerable Hugh McCurdy.
Mayor of Ely Mike Rouse and chair of East Cambridgeshire District Council Lis Every were also present to share their love of the city.
Revd Andrews will now take over as Priest in Charge of the proprietary Chapel of St Peter. He will be living in Ely with his wife Judith.
St Peter-in-Ely is a Proprietary Chapel within the Church of England and Diocese of Ely.
You may also want to watch:
The congregation is drawn not only from the riverside area of Ely in which it stands but also from other parts of the city and the neighbouring villages.
Sunday services are always followed by light refreshments in St Peter's Rooms and a small number of social events for the congregation are held there throughout the year.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools