Reunion dinner to mark 30 years of the Needham’s Association
- Credit: Archant
A reunion evening was held in Ely to mark the 30th annual dinner of the Needham’s Association.
Guests gathered at the Masonic Hall, in Silver Street, on Saturday night (September 21).
Richard Hobbs was announced as taking over as chairman of the group from the long-serving Trevor Benton.
Mayor Mike Rouse also joined the dinner party to share his memories of the city along with mayoress Lauren.
Mayor Rouse said: "Thank you for the chance to meet with so many people who make Ely such a wonderful place."
You may also want to watch:
The trust was founded from the estate of Mrs Catherine Needham who died in 1730, leaving in her will the financial means to build and maintain a school for poor boys in Ely.
The trust now provides direct financial assistance to the schools and students in Ely and their advancement of education.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
The association is always looking for new members with a warm welcome and great company.