Peter is latest member to join the Rotary Club of Ely
- Credit: Archant
A semi retired lawyer, who moved from the Midlands to Ely to be closer to his family, is the latest member to join the Rotary Club of Ely.
Peter Cairns was welcomed by president Richard Tyler and membership secretary John Dennick.
Peter, was a lawyer in the Midlands and Worcestershire, where he had his own practice for more than 30 years.
“I chose Rotary for one or two reasons”, said Peter, “but was particularly influenced by the Rotary motto of Service above Self”.
Now semi retired, he likes to keep up to date on legal matters and enjoys keeping fit by playing a variety of sports, cycling and running. Peter and his wife, Marion, who have been married for almost 40 years, decided to move to Ely, partly influenced by the fact that their daughter, son in law and grandson Leo live here.
You may also want to watch:
The club meets weekly in addition to special events like a family day out to Wicksteed Park on June 12 and organising Ely Aquafest in July.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station