GCSE results 2019: Seventy five per cent of students at Soham Village College achieve A*-C grades in English and maths
- Credit: Supplied / SVC
A Soham headteacher has said she is “very pleased” after 75 per cent of her pupils achieved A*-C grades in their GCSE English and maths.
Jon Hampson, head of Soham Village College, has congratulated his students this afternoon (August 22) after they opened up their results envelopes.
As well as 75 per cent achieving A*-C grades, more than 100 students managed to get the equivalent of an A*-A in three more subjects.
Stand-out successors were including Benjamin Revie who gained the top grade in nine of his subjects.
Other students who achieved the very highest grade in many of their subjects included Max Airey; Adam Bristow and Millie Churley.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Hendrich; Hannah Meeks; Emilie Paillot; Eloise Satchell; Charlotte Simpson; Kristiaan Winkel and George Wood.
Mr Hampson said: "We are once again very pleased that students of all abilities have received excellent results which reflect their hard work and commitment.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
"We congratulate them and wish them every success for the next phase of their education or training."