Restraining order for man who chased his ex-partner
PUBLISHED: 13:30 02 February 2011
A TWO year restraining order has been slapped on a man who chased his former partner, forcing her to take refuge in an Ely restaurant.
Under the terms of the order, self employed builder Timothy Bacon must not contact nursing sister Sarah Canham, go to her place of work at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Ely, or go to her home address.
Last month, magistrates heard how Bacon was issued with an harassment warning - but still followed Ms Canham inside the restaurant and tried to discuss the break up of their relationship.
Ms Canham was rescued by a friend, but Bacon was waiting at her car, and he followed her to the police station.
Prosecuting, Laura Mardell said Bacon was given an harassment warning in November of last year, after he went to her place of work, and was asked to leave.
“Later in the day Sarah Canham went to Waitrose and Bacon turned up and demanded to talk to her. He followed her into the car park, and staff called the police.”
Bacon. 51, of Downham Road, Ely had admitted harassing Ms Canham on December 22 by chasing her into the restaurant, despite having been given a previous harassment warning.
Representing himself in court he said: “I know I was wrong to do what I did, I was very emotional at the time.
“I now realise I have got to move on and get on with my life.” He was given a 12-month conditional discharge and must pay £85 costs.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ely Standard. Click the link in the orange box below for details.