Restaurant's 10,000th meal
THE Cutter Inn recently celebrated its restaurant s 10,000th meal, which was given away to the pub s oldest customer. Owner Steve Haslam decided that the refurbished restaurant s 10,000th guest would receive a free meal, was thrilled that the lucky recipi
THE Cutter Inn recently celebrated its restaurant's 10,000th meal, which was given away to the pub's oldest customer.
Owner Steve Haslam decided that the refurbished restaurant's 10,000th guest would receive a free meal, was thrilled that the lucky recipient was Ely man Sid Merry, who has been drinking at the pub for more than 50 years.
"We knew on Wednesday night that we had two more to go before it was our 10,000th meal," Mr Haslam said.
"We wondered who the next person would be and we couldn't believe it when Sid and his wife Shirley walked in. We cheered and Sid said 'what have I done'."
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant served its 10,000th meal after opening nine weeks before.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k