Residents in fear f yb gangs
FOUL-MOUTHED yungsters are terrrising peple n a Sham husing estate, smashing car windscreens and slashing tyres. One elderly resident received a trrent f abuse when he caught three yungsters trying t wreck his mbility car. And in ne mnth aln
FOUL-MOUTHED yungsters are terrrising peple n a Sham husing estate, smashing car windscreens and slashing tyres.
One elderly resident received a trrent f abuse when he caught three yungsters trying t wreck his mbility car.
And in ne mnth alne, mre than 10 cars n West Drive were vandalised, many being left with deep scratches n the bdywrk and thers had bricks thrugh the windws.
Nw the plice and Hereward Husing are getting tugh by calling n residents t lg the incidents in an anti-scial behaviur survey.
You may also want to watch:
Residents f West Drive, West Drive Crescent and West Drive Gardens are being asked t cmplete the questinnaire and return it, in cnfidence t the anti scial behaviur c-rdinatr by February 29.
Elderly Arthur Keane, frm West Drive, was terrified when he saw three yuths trying t vandalise his mbility car.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
"When I asked them what they thught they were ding there, all I gt in reply was a trrent f abuse," said Mr Keane.
"Cars were vandalised fur times in ur rad ver Christmas," he added.
He added that anther driver in the rad received a new car frm her byfriend as a birthday present but vandals slashed the tyres and left scratches n the bdywrk.
"Smene else had his frnt windscreen smashed," he said.
Mr Keane is hping t take a petitin t cuncillrs and has called fr mre frequent patrls by Plice Cmmunity Supprt Officers.
Sham twn cuncillr Phil Lane, wh lives n nearby Gardens Lane, said: "There is a grup f yungsters wh have been terrrising the neighburhd fr quite a while. On Saturday night they decided t cme dwn here, but a lt f them are cming frm the new estate at Kingfisher Drive."
Brian Tully, East Cambridgeshire's anti scial behaviur c-rdinatr, stressed that the survey was nt a "panic measure".
"It's just ne f the tls we have available t us," he said.
The results f the survey will be passed t the plice and Hereward Husing.
"If ne r mre names cme up, especially if they are mentined by different surces, then they will be passed n, but I am nt ging t pre-empt the utcme f the survey," added Mr Tully.
A plice spkespersn said: "The prblem f theft f vehicles and theft frm vehicles in the Sham and surrunding area was adpted as a plicing pririty at the last neighburhd panel meeting.
"An actin plan has been drawn up and directed patrls are taking place in thse areas t tackle the issue.