Ely residents donate over 500 items of footwear for charity
- Credit: Archant
Over 500 items of footwear were collected and donated by Ely residents in aid of charity.
Fleur Patten and friends from Miles of Smiles helped collect the items for Shoe Aid, as well as hand-painted rocks for the charity to use during September.
As well as Ely, Fleur has also supported Shoe Aid across the midlands and interviewed on local radio as the charity aims to raise awareness of the issues on footwear poverty in the UK and abroad.
“We are also expanding internationally and working to have Shoe Aid active in Australia and surrounding regions to begin the work of reducing footwear poverty there and impacting the environment from reducing footwear waste,” Fleur said.
MORE: 100 pairs of football boots and dozens of sports kits donated to charityResidents are being encouraged to donate £3 for ‘Steptember’, where donations will go towards supplying suitable footwear for different purposes, such as helping find someone a new job.
Shoe Aid is also running events on Tuesdays during September to help schools provide footwear for children whose families cannot afford school shoes for their child.
You may also want to watch:
To learn more about Shoe Aid, email email@example.com.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment