Reminiscing about children’s TV through the years at Burwell Carnival
- Credit: Archant
Children’s TV through the ages is the theme for this year’s Burwell carnival which will this year be held at the recreation ground for the first time.
Organisers say they have had another amazing response from local groups and businesses and have float entries including Bob The Builder, The Smurfs, The Flintstones and The Simpsons.
There are marching groups in place who will add to the annual colourful spectacle.
The carnival is part of the Isle of Ely Arts Festival and has a special festival tent where there are additional activities like poetry reading and storytelling.
There is an eclectic mix of entertainment throughout the day both off and on stage with displays, music, street style entertainment, games and funfair rides.
As day turns to night there will be a mix of music genres from local Jazz singer Jude Keen followed by Now Wash Your Hands before The Indietones close the show.
With more than 35 craft and commercial stalls to browse around, the chance to win raffle prizes and a range of refreshments the day is sure to be a winner with all ages.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 2 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 3 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 4 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 5 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 6 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 Vehicle fire caused heavy traffic on A14
The carnival is on Saturday June 18.