Reminiscing about children’s TV through the years at Burwell Carnival
- Credit: Archant
Children’s TV through the ages is the theme for this year’s Burwell carnival which will this year be held at the recreation ground for the first time.
Organisers say they have had another amazing response from local groups and businesses and have float entries including Bob The Builder, The Smurfs, The Flintstones and The Simpsons.
There are marching groups in place who will add to the annual colourful spectacle.
The carnival is part of the Isle of Ely Arts Festival and has a special festival tent where there are additional activities like poetry reading and storytelling.
There is an eclectic mix of entertainment throughout the day both off and on stage with displays, music, street style entertainment, games and funfair rides.
You may also want to watch:
As day turns to night there will be a mix of music genres from local Jazz singer Jude Keen followed by Now Wash Your Hands before The Indietones close the show.
With more than 35 craft and commercial stalls to browse around, the chance to win raffle prizes and a range of refreshments the day is sure to be a winner with all ages.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
The carnival is on Saturday June 18.