Reminiscing about children’s TV through the years at Burwell Carnival
- Credit: Archant
Children’s TV through the ages is the theme for this year’s Burwell carnival which will this year be held at the recreation ground for the first time.
Organisers say they have had another amazing response from local groups and businesses and have float entries including Bob The Builder, The Smurfs, The Flintstones and The Simpsons.
There are marching groups in place who will add to the annual colourful spectacle.
The carnival is part of the Isle of Ely Arts Festival and has a special festival tent where there are additional activities like poetry reading and storytelling.
There is an eclectic mix of entertainment throughout the day both off and on stage with displays, music, street style entertainment, games and funfair rides.
As day turns to night there will be a mix of music genres from local Jazz singer Jude Keen followed by Now Wash Your Hands before The Indietones close the show.
With more than 35 craft and commercial stalls to browse around, the chance to win raffle prizes and a range of refreshments the day is sure to be a winner with all ages.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 3 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 4 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 8 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 9 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 10 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
The carnival is on Saturday June 18.