Remember someone you have loved
AN Ely woman is urging people to join her in remembering love-ones by taking part in the Sue Ryder Care s Lights of Love Appeal. The appeal offers people the chance to remember someone they have loved. Janet Allsop, who took part last year in memory of he
AN Ely woman is urging people to join her in remembering love-ones by taking part in the Sue Ryder Care's Lights of Love Appeal.
The appeal offers people the chance to remember someone they have loved.
Janet Allsop, who took part last year in memory of her husband, said: "Lights of Love is a wonderful event. I think about my husband a lot in the run up to Christmas and it's nice to have a way of remembering him properly. I hope as many people as possible will join me in helping the charity help more."
Anyone can dedicate a Light of Love by donating an amount of their choice to Sue Ryder Care.
You may also want to watch:
They will see their loved one's name appear in a special Book of Celebration and will receive a pack containing a star which can be hung on a Christmas tree, as well as a special lapel badge.
Last year, Lights of Love events across the country raised £130,000.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 5 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
Suzanne Ellington, fundraiser for Sue Ryder Care, said: "Lights of Love is a great way of celebrating the time people spent together. Please join Janet and support Sue Ryder Care by remembering a loved one this Christmas."
n There will also be a special Lights of Love event at The Old Palace, Palace Green, Ely, on Saturday December 8, from 4-5.30pm.
You can also pick up a dedication form from any Sue Ryder Care shop and the Ely Standard office at 38 Market Street, Ely.
INFO: Telephone 01353 663357, e mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.suerydercare.org/lightsoflove