A new face has come to East Cambridgeshire to ensure that the growth in jobs and infrastructure keeps up with the recent rapid expansion in new homes. Giles Hughes has been appointed the new Head of Planning and Economic Development at East Cambridgeshir
A new face has come to East Cambridgeshire to ensure that the growth in jobs and infrastructure keeps up with the recent rapid expansion in new homes.
Giles Hughes has been appointed the new Head of Planning and Economic Development at East Cambridgeshire District Council.
He and his 40-strong team have been set the challenge of achieving real sustainable development in the area.
Mr Hughes said: "The district's population has increased rapidly over the last 10 years and now we need to improve transport and employment prospects for our residents.
You may also want to watch:
"But as a public authority we have to recognise that different parts of the district have different needs.
"Only by working in partnership with other authorities, agencies and the public sector can we truly move forward with a joined up vision for the district's future.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
"It is my role and the task of my team to make sure we deliver and act upon our agenda.