Refurbishment will “breathe new life” into pub
- Credit: Archant
Owners of the Cherry Tree pub in Soham have announced that the venue is to undergo a significant refurbishment, creating 15 new jobs.
The Greene King pub has been taken over by landlord Steve Watmough and has been temporarily closed for an extensive refit, turning it into a ‘Meet & Eat’ branded pub. An extension will also be built, which will add a new dining area seating an extra 40 people.
Once work has completed, the Cherry Tree, in Fordham Road, will re-open at the beginning of August.
Steve said: “Meet & Eat pubs are all about great value pub food, suitable for the whole family and I am confident that Meet & Eat is the ideal fit for the pub and Soham. The Cherry Tree is a great local pub and I am proud to be at its helm.”
The refurbishment will modernise the pub’s interior, with new décor and furnishings including comfy booth seating.
Outside, in the pub’s back garden, a bouncy-castle has been installed alongside the existing play equipment.
Steve added: “We want everyone to feel comfortable and welcome, whether they are popping in for food, a drink or just a chat, and making sure our younger guests are happy is no less important.”
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 3 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 4 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 7 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 8 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 9 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 10 Ely and Cambridge for Neil Hilgrove Colledge recitals
Clive Chesser, business unit director for Greene King Pub Partners, said: “Steve is a highly experienced landlord and a long-standing partner of Greene King, and I have no doubt that he and his excellent team will work tirelessly to ensure that the Cherry Tree becomes firmly established at the heart of the Soham community.”
For more information on the menu, visit www.greenekingmeetandeat.co.uk.