Refurbishment will “breathe new life” into pub
- Credit: Archant
Owners of the Cherry Tree pub in Soham have announced that the venue is to undergo a significant refurbishment, creating 15 new jobs.
The Greene King pub has been taken over by landlord Steve Watmough and has been temporarily closed for an extensive refit, turning it into a ‘Meet & Eat’ branded pub. An extension will also be built, which will add a new dining area seating an extra 40 people.
Once work has completed, the Cherry Tree, in Fordham Road, will re-open at the beginning of August.
Steve said: “Meet & Eat pubs are all about great value pub food, suitable for the whole family and I am confident that Meet & Eat is the ideal fit for the pub and Soham. The Cherry Tree is a great local pub and I am proud to be at its helm.”
The refurbishment will modernise the pub’s interior, with new décor and furnishings including comfy booth seating.
You may also want to watch:
Outside, in the pub’s back garden, a bouncy-castle has been installed alongside the existing play equipment.
Steve added: “We want everyone to feel comfortable and welcome, whether they are popping in for food, a drink or just a chat, and making sure our younger guests are happy is no less important.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
Clive Chesser, business unit director for Greene King Pub Partners, said: “Steve is a highly experienced landlord and a long-standing partner of Greene King, and I have no doubt that he and his excellent team will work tirelessly to ensure that the Cherry Tree becomes firmly established at the heart of the Soham community.”
For more information on the menu, visit www.greenekingmeetandeat.co.uk.