Recycling tops the bill at launch of new enterprise in Witchford
- Credit: Archant
AN innovate new social enterprise opened at Witchford Recycling Centre this week.
The Re-Imagine Resource Centre was officially opened by manager Karen Brenchley on Friday, offering a range of recycled goods for sale to the public for the first time.
Located within the new Stirling Way recycling centre, Re-Imagine is offering a range of materials, everything from wallpaper samples to children’s books, which have been donated by local and national businesses.
Materials which might have otherwise gone to waste are collected from businesses, processed, packaged and displayed at Re-Imagine so that the local community can reuse them for creative, artistic or play projects.
Re-Imagine is also working with secondary schools in East Cambridgeshire to provide opportunities for work experience and training for young people.
All profits made are reinvested into the company and its volunteers, providing training or holding community workshops.
Karen Brenchley, said “We are immensely grateful to Cambridgeshire County Council and AmeyCespa for supporting this venture and making it possible for us to open here.
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 3 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 4 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 5 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 9 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 10 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
“Re-Imagine has also had a huge amount of help from ScrapstoresUK who gave us invaluable advice and support and UnLtd who have provided start-up funding, encouragement and belief in the enterprise .”
If you are a business and would like to support Re-Imagine by donating materials or items then please contact Karen on firstname.lastname@example.org or call