Recording studio plans for former chicken shed
- Credit: Archant
A former chicken shed could be converted into a recording studio under plans submitted to East Cambridgeshire District Council.
Trevor Goff has applied to convert and extend a storage building, formerly used to house chickens, at his home in Station Road, Fordham, into a studio to support his business.
Ely Design Group, acting for Mr Goff, said the building adjoined a photographer’s studio and was therefore well suited to redevelopment.
They said: “The building lends itself to conversion and is on land which already has a commercial land use.
“The roof pitch will be raised to provide the minimum pitch for velux rooflights and the sloping ceiling internally, together with angled walls, and soundproofing enhancing the sound quality.”
You may also want to watch:
A decision is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'