Record crowds take part in Sutton’s annual ‘The Beast’ run
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds laced up their running boots to take part in an action-packed day for Sutton’s annual ‘The Beast’ run.
The event on Sunday (June 10) included The Tony Robinson 10K and The Mini Beast Fun Run – which saw record crowds in both races.
It was introduced and hosted by ITV Anglia’s Donovan Blake and featured live music from local songstress Sophie Frear.
The Mini Beast Fun Run, which is a 2.5Km multi-terrain race, saw Ben Isaacson retain his title for the third year, just beating Louis Beningfield.
The first female home was Dana Fraser with Elena Fraser not far behind.
You may also want to watch:
The Tony Robinson 10K is also a multi-terrain race, going off The Isle of Ely and out into the swathes of Fenland into Sutton Gault and beyond.
This year’s winner was Sutton resident Paul Waggit in a time of 35 minutes 23 seconds while the first female home was three-time winner Lisa Marriott in 41 minutes 53 seconds.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
A spokesperson for the event said: “We are delighted that the event was such a success. There are so many people that came and ran and each and every one seemed to have had a great time.”