Record audience numbers in East Cambs for ‘The Library Presents... Arts Alive’ autumn season with more to come in 2018
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 people attended events in Soham and Littleport libraries as part of ‘The Library Presents… Arts Alive’ autumn season.
In October and November, audiences at ‘The Library Presents…’ found theatre staged with spotlights, props and sets.
Audiences giggled at James Campbell’s ‘Comedy 4 Kids’ and were moved by Jane Bower’s ‘Daddy’s Diaries’ while others got into Brazilian rhythms at samba drumming workshops.
Six volunteers from the local community joined library staff to help run the events alongside Babylon ARTS members advising on everything from bar prices to stage lighting.
One parent said: “I was crying it was so funny. I loved It. My little boy laughed lots.”
Another described it as “an excellent, very interesting, event”.
A third said: “Great workshop. We had lots of fun.”
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
In February and March 2018 ‘The Library Presents…Arts Alive’ will be back in Soham and Littleport. Tickets are on sale online and in libraries from December 2017. The full programme is available at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/arts.
Anyone interested in volunteering should call 01223 706 779.