Record audience numbers in East Cambs for ‘The Library Presents... Arts Alive’ autumn season with more to come in 2018
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 people attended events in Soham and Littleport libraries as part of ‘The Library Presents… Arts Alive’ autumn season.
In October and November, audiences at ‘The Library Presents…’ found theatre staged with spotlights, props and sets.
Audiences giggled at James Campbell’s ‘Comedy 4 Kids’ and were moved by Jane Bower’s ‘Daddy’s Diaries’ while others got into Brazilian rhythms at samba drumming workshops.
Six volunteers from the local community joined library staff to help run the events alongside Babylon ARTS members advising on everything from bar prices to stage lighting.
One parent said: “I was crying it was so funny. I loved It. My little boy laughed lots.”
You may also want to watch:
Another described it as “an excellent, very interesting, event”.
A third said: “Great workshop. We had lots of fun.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
In February and March 2018 ‘The Library Presents…Arts Alive’ will be back in Soham and Littleport. Tickets are on sale online and in libraries from December 2017. The full programme is available at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/arts.
Anyone interested in volunteering should call 01223 706 779.