Reach Fair returns on Bank Holiday Monday
- Credit: Archant
A community and volunteer run event for all the family, Reach Fair returns on Bank Holiday Monday (May 7).
The fair will be opened at 12 noon by the Mayor of Cambridge and closes at 5pm.
Top Field will have a picnic area, over 40 local artists, craftspeople as well as food and drink producers.
There will also be dance and gymnastics displays, live music, games and activities.
The more traditional Lower Green, meanwhile, will host the village tea tent, salad tent and a bar. There will also be games including the coconut shy, maypole dancing, a magic show, live music and a dog show. The fairground is on the Fair Green.
You may also want to watch:
The historical fair has been held every year since 1201 by Royal Charter.
The sponsors this year are The Anchor in Burwell, Anne’s Arrangements, The Crown in Fordham, Harrisons of Burwell, Nesslands of Burwell, Red House Day Nursery in Burwell and Within Reach Magazine.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
For more information and to get updates on the day search @Reach_Fair on Twitter and @reachfair on Facebook.