Skaters and eco enthusiasts join forces for a pop up exhibition in Ely County Park
- Credit: Archant
A pop up triple exhibition was staged in Ely country park which merged a call for a skate park alongside a chance to welcome eco bug hotel, Bugingham Palace, to the city.
The event, called triple fest, was also held to encourage people into the great outdoors to find hidden Spring seasonal rocks.
The stones were painted to raise awareness of Riders and Skaters Ely RASE, who are calling for a skate park for young people in the city.
It was also a chance to showcase an eco bug hotel installation especially designed for Ely Country Park.
Fleur Patten, who runs Rock Eels, and organised the triple fest, said: “This event merges three themes of rock designs of trees, plants and wildlife to encourage new life after winter.
You may also want to watch:
“Also rock designs of RASE to support the proposal for a new skate park and rock designs of bugs in order to welcome Bugingham Palace - a luxury bug hotel designed by Simon Pittock.”
Ely Perspective’s “Bugingham Palace” is an ecology attraction, coming soon to the country park.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
The installation will include wind and solar power generation, various insect and aquatic habitats and lots of things to learn and explore during the day.
People can also visit at night to examine nocturnal insects and listen to bats flying overhead.