Rare Holt 75 tractor - valued at £70,000 - to go up for sale at Cheffins’ vintage sale
- Credit: Archant
One of the world’s rarest vintage tractors – valued at £70,000 - will take centre stage at Cheffins’ vintage sale next month.
The Holt 75, which dates back to 1914, will be on show at the Sutton Showground on October 15 alongside a host of other vintage vehicles for sale.
The tractor, which is one of only four in the UK, is expected to sell for around £70,000 and will go on sale alongside a 1930 Aveling and Porter Steam Tractor, a 1927 Foden ‘C Type’ Steam Wagon; a 1918 Ruston, Proctor Lincoln Imp Steam Tractor and a Ruston and Hornsby Portable Steam Engine dating back to 1932 all sporting guide prices of £15,000 to a whopping £130,000.
Willem Middlemiss, steam engine specialist at Cheffins said: “The market for steam engines is increasing in buoyancy, following a brief cooling off after 2008. As there is only around 4,000 steam engines in private hands worldwide, it is unusual to see so many key items on the open market at any one time.
“The Ruston, Proctor model is going to be particularly popular as it is only one of six in existence in the world and is an incredibly desirable model.”
Also on offer will be a number of classic cars and motorcycles, including the incredibly rare 1907 Rover 6, which is expected to sell for around £25,000.
William King, Director at Cheffins added: “There are some stunning collectors’ items coming into our October sale. With something for everyone from a steam engine expected to reach £130,000, a tractor with a guide of £55,000, right through to collectors’ cameras, and bygone item.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
For more information, visit www.cheffins.co.uk, or call 01353 777767.