Ram raiders target Guineas Shopping Centre in Newmarket and steal ATM
- Credit: Archant
Extensive damage has been caused to a Newmarket shopping centre after ram raiders drove a 4x4 vehicle into the building and stole an ATM.
The incident took place at the Guineas Shopping Centre in the town centre shortly before midnight yesterday.
Damage was caused to the entrance doors and some shop fronts in the process of removing the ATM.
The offenders abandoned the stolen 4x4 at the scene and made off in a second vehicle – a dark coloured saloon car – taking the ATM with them.
The shopping centre was preserved and protected overnight and a forensic examination by officers from Suffolk police will take place this morning.
You may also want to watch:
The centre is due to open at 8am but access will be affected while police conduct their enquiries and the damage made safe.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Suffolk police on 101 and quote incident reference SC-02042018-462.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut