Raising Awareness About Neighbourhood Watch
MEMBERS of the East Cambridgeshire Neighbourhood Watch Association were out in force last week in a bid to raise awareness about the scheme. Committee members, lead by treasurer Stan Geering, were out providing information, handing out leaflets and answer
MEMBERS of the East Cambridgeshire Neighbourhood Watch Association were out in force last week in a bid to raise awareness about the scheme.
Committee members, lead by treasurer Stan Geering, were out providing information, handing out leaflets and answering questions from their stand on the market to help get people involved with the association.
Mr Geering said, "Neighbourhood Watch was a very popular scheme when it was first launched but has suffered a real dip in popularity in recent years so we were trying to let the public know that there are still schemes out there.
"Statistics show that you are 350 times less likely to be targeted by a burglar if you have a neighbourhood watch sticker in your window and we were really keen to make people aware that the scheme can help to tackle anti-social behaviour as well."
You may also want to watch:
Members of the association also had a stall at the Pymoor Show on Saturday to encouraged the public to get involved with the scheme in their area.
Pic cap: 54230609. PCSO Clare Todd, Phil Ingramell, chairman of the group and co-ordinator Peter Ingramell.
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 'We have a duty to follow planning policies': Council's firm stance over pub's giant mug
- 4 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
Photo: HELEN DRAKE