Raid uncovers horde of stolen goods
Officers are keen to reunite stolen goods with owners.
POLICE uncovered a treasure trove of stolen goods following a raid in Ely on Wednesday (September 7).
Officers swooped on a property on West Fen Road at about 2pm and uncovered �1500 worth of items they suspected had been stolen, including tools, electric generators, cabling and even a quad bike.
Though the bike was quickly returned to its owner, dozens of other items have yet to be reunited and officers are urging anyone who recognise any of the items to come forward.
Pc Mark Wootton, said: “We would like to see these items returned to their rightful owners so if anybody locally can identify any of the items I would ask them to contact me.”
You may also want to watch:
Two 30-year-old men and a 25-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of theft following the raid and were street bailed to return to Ely Police Station on September 21.
Contact Pc Mark Wootton at Ely Police Station on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 8 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 9 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings