Raffle tickets on sale at Welney Ward of the Princess of Wales Hospital in Ely will help provide comforts for patients
- Credit: Archant
Patients on a ward at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Ely are hoping for some extra comforts this winter time with the help of a fundraising raffle.
Sue Richardson, manager of the Welney Ward, which is a rehabilitation ward for older patients, said they have been overwhelmed by the generosity of businesses and individuals who have donated some ‘great’ prizes.
Luxury hampers, meals, bottles of wine and a whole lot more have been donated.
Now Sue says they are hoping the public will support the raffle by buying a strip of tickets for £1 each, they are available from the ward.
All the money raised will got towards things to make patients more comfortable during their hospital stay.
The draw takes place on Monday December 19.
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 5 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 8 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks