Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- Credit: Archant
An RAF base is warning of a potential increase in noise levels across the region while personnel take part in flight training.
Members of the 48th Fighter Wing, from RAF Lakenheath, will be flying on a more frequent basis until Thursday (May 13).
The operation, which will see F-15 fighter jets take to the skies, is designed to demonstrate the wing's ability to rapidly generate an airborne response.
RAF Lakenheath says it will also provide aircrew and support personnel with the experience needed to capably support the NATO alliance.
The exercise does not include plans for low-altitude flying in the area and all training is being conducted in accordance with Ministry of Defence and UK airspace regulations.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with aircraft-related flying concerns can email the MOD via SWKfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 2 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 3 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 4 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 5 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 6 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 7 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 8 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 9 Woman claims Cambridgeshire police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 10 'A crash waiting to happen' say police