Rad accidents bring traffic chas t area
ONE man died and a by was kncked ff his bicycle in tw serius accidents which brught rads arund East Cambridgeshire s t a standstill this week. Rush hur traffic grund t a halt n Wednesday evening, after a serius accident at Waterbeach shut t
ONE man died and a by was kncked ff his bicycle in tw serius accidents which brught rads arund East Cambridgeshire's t a standstill this week.
Rush hur traffic grund t a halt n Wednesday evening, after a serius accident at Waterbeach shut the A10 in bth directins, causing lng delays.
A white Mercedes Sprinter van, a white Frd Transit and a Vauxhall Vivar were invlved in the cllisin, which happened just after 3.30pm n the Ely Rad, clse t the Slap Up Tandri.
The driver f the Mercedes van, a 75-year-ld Frank Brm frm Wembley Park in Lndn, was taken t Addenbrke's Hspital in Cambridge, where he later died. A 67-year-ld man frm Essex, wh was driving the Vauxhall car escaped with minr injuries, and a 48-year-ld and a 25-year-ld man, bth frm St Albans, wh were travelling in the Frd Transit were unhurt.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic was diverted thrugh Landbeach fllwing the cllisin and the rad was repened at arund 8pm.
On Thursday, a by cycling back frm schl was kncked ff his bike in Wilburtn.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
The yungster was hit by a Blue Nissan Almeira at 3.20pm n Stretham Rad, and suffered serius injuries. Plice, the ambulance service and MAGPAS attended the scene f the crash, and the area was clsed t traffic, including the A10/A1123 rundabut at Stretham, Statin Rad, and Millfield Lane.
The by's cnditin is nw stable, and n ne was arrested in cnnectin with the incident.
INFO: If yu have any infrmatin, regarding the Waterbeach cllisin, cntact Sergeant Lyndn Pickstn the Cambridgeshire plice Rads Plicing Unit n 0845 456 456 4.
Pic cap: The by's bike n the side f the rad after the crash n Thursday.
The Stretham Rad was clsed n Thursday afternn after the crash.
Pht: HELEN DRAKE