Rad accidents bring traffic chas t area
ONE man died and a by was kncked ff his bicycle in tw serius accidents which brught rads arund East Cambridgeshire s t a standstill this week. Rush hur traffic grund t a halt n Wednesday evening, after a serius accident at Waterbeach shut t
ONE man died and a by was kncked ff his bicycle in tw serius accidents which brught rads arund East Cambridgeshire's t a standstill this week.
Rush hur traffic grund t a halt n Wednesday evening, after a serius accident at Waterbeach shut the A10 in bth directins, causing lng delays.
A white Mercedes Sprinter van, a white Frd Transit and a Vauxhall Vivar were invlved in the cllisin, which happened just after 3.30pm n the Ely Rad, clse t the Slap Up Tandri.
The driver f the Mercedes van, a 75-year-ld Frank Brm frm Wembley Park in Lndn, was taken t Addenbrke's Hspital in Cambridge, where he later died. A 67-year-ld man frm Essex, wh was driving the Vauxhall car escaped with minr injuries, and a 48-year-ld and a 25-year-ld man, bth frm St Albans, wh were travelling in the Frd Transit were unhurt.
Traffic was diverted thrugh Landbeach fllwing the cllisin and the rad was repened at arund 8pm.
On Thursday, a by cycling back frm schl was kncked ff his bike in Wilburtn.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 6 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 7 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 10 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
The yungster was hit by a Blue Nissan Almeira at 3.20pm n Stretham Rad, and suffered serius injuries. Plice, the ambulance service and MAGPAS attended the scene f the crash, and the area was clsed t traffic, including the A10/A1123 rundabut at Stretham, Statin Rad, and Millfield Lane.
The by's cnditin is nw stable, and n ne was arrested in cnnectin with the incident.
INFO: If yu have any infrmatin, regarding the Waterbeach cllisin, cntact Sergeant Lyndn Pickstn the Cambridgeshire plice Rads Plicing Unit n 0845 456 456 4.
Pic cap: The by's bike n the side f the rad after the crash n Thursday.
The Stretham Rad was clsed n Thursday afternn after the crash.
Pht: HELEN DRAKE