Rackham Pupils Raise Money For New Swimming Pool
PUPILS at Witchford s Rackham Primary School enjoyed meeting Father Christmas while at the same time raising money for their new swimming pool. Money is still coming in, but the funds will be used to help pay for the outdoor pool, which children are alrea
PUPILS at Witchford's Rackham Primary School enjoyed meeting Father Christmas while at the same time raising money for their new swimming pool.
Money is still coming in, but the funds will be used to help pay for the outdoor pool, which children are already enjoying.
The event was organised by the Friends of Witchford Rackham School.
Chairman Mel Haddow said: "It was a great event. We had lots of stalls, including tombola and a raffle to win a Christmas hamper."
You may also want to watch:
* More than £100 was raised for the Witchford Rackham Pre-School at a special Christmas Fair.
The event was held in the evening at the pre-school - but it was strictly parents only.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
Organiser Abby Phipps said: "We wanted the evening to be a chance for mums and dads to come out without the children but to help raise money for them. It was a great evening with lots of different things for sale, including books, jewellery, toys and stocking fillers."
Live music was provided in the playground by the City of Ely Military band while pre-school handed out warm drinks and cakes.
Abby said: "It was a really good night. It was so well supported. It was packed - we could hardly move inside."
Pic cap: Charlotte and Sarah try to guess the weight of the Christmas cake.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE