Race days raises £13,000
A RACE day held at Red Lodge Karting near Newmarket in June has raised more than £13,000 for Liam Fairhurst s fundraising appeal in aid of CLIC Sargent. Staff at Red Lodge decided to hold the fundraising race day after being inspired by Liam s bravery and
A RACE day held at Red Lodge Karting near Newmarket in June has raised more than £13,000 for Liam Fairhurst's fundraising appeal in aid of CLIC Sargent.
Staff at Red Lodge decided to hold the fundraising race day after being inspired by Liam's bravery and desire to help others.
Sarah Darkins, company partner at Red Lodge Karting, said: "When we were organising the race day we called for the support of local people and businesses to help make it a success. The response was overwhelming and on the day we had 28 teams of racers taking part, consisting of more than 14 local companies, Red Lodge Club 2000, Prokart Club and Training School. Also, advertising space was sold to local companies around the track to raise even more money.
"At the moment we have raised more than £12,500 from the event but with money still coming in that's guaranteed to go over £13,000. We're delighted to be able to hand that much over to Liam to support his cause and hope it can make a real difference."
You may also want to watch:
Karen Roberts, community fund-raising manger for CLIC Sargent, says: "We'd like to say a massive thank you to Red Lodge Karting and to everyone who took part and supported it. It's yet another example of how the local community have really got behind the fundraising."
Winning teams for the morning and afternoon races include:
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Morning endurance race: 1st - Prokart Club (Red Lodge Karting's own team)
2nd - Topkatz (Training school of local 8-16 year olds) 3rd - Racing Flight (Club 2000 driver and US Air force Instructor)
Afternoon endurance race: 1st - Coopers of Colchester (Car dealership)
2nd - Topkatz (Training school of local 8-16 year olds) 3rd - Lumley Planning Contractors of Bury St Edmunds.