Quilters raised hundreds for forces charities
- Credit: Archant
The Hereward Quilters raised £600 for the British Legion and Help for Heroes by raffling a unique quilt.
The group, based in Sutton, decided to make a double bed quilt as a group project to commemorate the UK’s armed forces from 1914-2014, naming it the Field of Poppies Remembrance Quilt.
Sally White, group member, said: “We have been at various locations in the village over the last few months selling raffle tickets for the quilt to raise funds for Help for Heroes and the Royal British Legion.
“We are delighted to announce that the winner of the raffle for the quilt, drawn appropriately on Armistice Day, was Pat Simpson of Link Lane, Sutton.
“The raffle raised the sum of £600 and this will be shared between the two charities.”
You may also want to watch:
Hereward Quilters meet on the last Thursday of every month (except December) at 7.30pm in the Brooklands Centre, Sutton.
Anyone interested in joining the group, from beginner to experienced, is invited to coming along in January.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment