Quilters and crafts event at Ely Bowls Club next month
- Credit: Archant
A quilts and crafts event will be held in Ely to raise money for two local charities.
The Elysian Quilters will be decorating and displaying their handicrafts with tea, coffee and cake at Ely Bowls Club.
There will be a collection of hand made quilts taking in a variety of colours, patterns and sizes.
The event will take place on Friday September 13 and Saturday September 14 from 10am to 4pm.
All money raised will go towards CHS a charity that supports young homeless people in Ely and Branching Out which supports adults with learning difficulties.
There will be free parking at the Nutholt Lane venue.
Entrance costs £3 and includes refreshments.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 4 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 5 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
The group has held three successful quilt shows in recent years and currently has 20 members who meet twice a month.
The group describes itself as "ladies who have a passion for fabric" and says its mission is to "sew and socialise".