Quilters and crafts event at Ely Bowls Club next month
- Credit: Archant
A quilts and crafts event will be held in Ely to raise money for two local charities.
The Elysian Quilters will be decorating and displaying their handicrafts with tea, coffee and cake at Ely Bowls Club.
There will be a collection of hand made quilts taking in a variety of colours, patterns and sizes.
The event will take place on Friday September 13 and Saturday September 14 from 10am to 4pm.
All money raised will go towards CHS a charity that supports young homeless people in Ely and Branching Out which supports adults with learning difficulties.
You may also want to watch:
There will be free parking at the Nutholt Lane venue.
Entrance costs £3 and includes refreshments.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
The group has held three successful quilt shows in recent years and currently has 20 members who meet twice a month.
The group describes itself as "ladies who have a passion for fabric" and says its mission is to "sew and socialise".