Putting an end to neighbours misery
AS we say farewell to 2005 we were engaged in the closure of an address in Little Downham where Class A drugs were being used. Callers to the premises were causing major disruption and misery to neighbours. Using powers under Section 1 of the Anti Social
AS we say farewell to 2005 we were engaged in the closure of an address in Little Downham where Class A drugs were being used. Callers to the premises were causing major disruption and misery to neighbours.
Using powers under Section 1 of the Anti Social Behaviour Act we successfully obtained a three-month closure notice in the magistrates court ensuring no persons could reside or visit the address. The amount of work required to obtain a closure notice in these cases is immense and extremely time consuming.
We were actively engaged in public order and high visibility patrols to ensure that residents and users of our neighbourhood area were able to fully enjoy the festive season.
I am sure that the very positive steps we have undertaken with the introduction of neighbourhood policing which has led to a large reduction in reported crime and a substantial increase in our detection rate will continue in 2006 and we will maintain our committed improvement in local policing.
You may also want to watch:
To help us deliver our commitment to the community we are being joined by PCSO Julie Collins who will be commencing her duties with us on patrol in the area of Littleport.
Sergeant Alan Savill
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools
North Neighbourhood Beat
0845 4564 564 (ex 6640)