Pushed partner against a wall
POLICE called out to a disturbance in Soham saw James Barnes assaulting his partner Lisa Atkins. Barnes held her wrist and pushed her against a wall, prosecutor Francesca Devine told Ely magistrates. There had been an earlier argument, when Barnes threw
POLICE called out to a disturbance in Soham saw James Barnes assaulting his partner Lisa Atkins.
Barnes held her wrist and pushed her against a wall, prosecutor Francesca Devine told Ely magistrates.
There had been an earlier argument, when Barnes threw Ms Atkins' hairbrush at a wall. Ms Atkins curled up on the floor because she was afraid.
The previous night, Barnes had come home late. There was an argument and he threw her drinking glass and smashed it, she added. Barnes had refused to let Ms Atkins leave the kitchen, and pushed her.
You may also want to watch:
Barnes had denied throwing a glass, but agreed a drink was spilt. He denied throwing the hairbrush. He said both he and Ms Atkins had pushed each other.
Barnes, 37, formerly of Blackthorn Court in Soham, but now without a permanent address, admitted assaulting Ms Atkins on June 2.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
"She was pushed against a clothes rail," explained solicitor Jacqui Baldwin. "He pushed her against a wall to stop her from leaving the property, he accepts that.
"The complainant is a strong business lady. But it is accepted that Barnes' behaviour was not acceptable by the court. He did try to prevent her from going, and pushed her against the wall.