Puppy rescued after getting trapped down rabbit hole
- Credit: Cambs fire and rescue
A curious puppy who was seeking adventure down a rabbit hole, had to be rescued on Sunday (December 19) after it got trapped there.
Firefighters from the Chatteris community fire and rescue team were called to save the day.
At 5:56pm, one crew responded to reports of a puppy, called Clodagh, needing to be rescued.
Clodagh was down a rabbit hole on Green Drove, Coveney.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire fire and rescue said: “Firefighters arrived to find a small dog tapped in a rabbit hole.
“Firefighters dug down into the rabbit hole to locate the puppy and reunite them with their owner.
“The little dog had to be dug out by hand, with the upmost care to avoid collapsing the network of rabbit tunnels.”
- 1 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 2 Murder trial hears of 'appalling catalogue of injuries' suffered by baby
- 3 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 4 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 5 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 7 Ely City WI share 'exciting projects' for 2022
- 8 Relief for clinical Soham as four-month winless run is over
- 9 Hospital study shows daily capsules could help long Covid sufferers
- 10 Villagers confront the challenge of Corkers rising from the ashes
Firefighters returned to their stations by 9:10pm.
Individuals congratulated the crew on social media. One person said: “Nice to see you all together and having a great time helping people and creatures in need.
Another added: “Well done to all involved.”