Pupils sprint towards success in Soham parkrun
- Credit: Archant
Children from a Soham primary school laced up their running boots to take part in their first parkrun.
Eager to get involved with the Soham Park Runners on Saturday (January 25), pupils from St Andrew's School teamed up with fitness scheme Let's Get Moving run by East Cambridgeshire District Council (ECDC).
Sophie Edwards, from the initiative, said: "The 'St Andrew's Striders' includes the children of the school and their families and friends.
"They are being encouraged to register with parkrun and pick this as their running club.
"As this is a standard 5k parkrun, children must be accompanied by an adult but this just means we are getting two people active for the price of one.
"Attendances can be tracked so we will be able to follow how the school community gets on.
"Our next school to sign up is The Weatheralls and we look forward to their launch in the near future."
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 4 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Efforts of Cambridgeshire’s Covid community champions recognised in Parliament
Anyone interested in becoming more active can get in touch via the Let's Get Moving website or through Facebook @LetsGetMovingEastCambs.