Pupils sprint towards success in Soham parkrun
- Credit: Archant
Children from a Soham primary school laced up their running boots to take part in their first parkrun.
Eager to get involved with the Soham Park Runners on Saturday (January 25), pupils from St Andrew's School teamed up with fitness scheme Let's Get Moving run by East Cambridgeshire District Council (ECDC).
Sophie Edwards, from the initiative, said: "The 'St Andrew's Striders' includes the children of the school and their families and friends.
"They are being encouraged to register with parkrun and pick this as their running club.
"As this is a standard 5k parkrun, children must be accompanied by an adult but this just means we are getting two people active for the price of one.
You may also want to watch:
"Attendances can be tracked so we will be able to follow how the school community gets on.
"Our next school to sign up is The Weatheralls and we look forward to their launch in the near future."
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Anyone interested in becoming more active can get in touch via the Let's Get Moving website or through Facebook @LetsGetMovingEastCambs.