Pupils get to grips with the working world at mobility firm
- Credit: Archant
Witchford Village College pupils have been getting a taste of the world at work with mobility firm Bartrams.
The Year 10 pupils will be spending up to two weeks with the firm, based on the Lancaster Way Business Park, and will carrying out a range of duties to get them accustomed to life in the workplace.
John Cherrie, manager at Bartrams, said: “Having six children of my own I used to get feedback from work experience good and sadly bad, and was determined that we as a business would get it right to meet the needs of the students.
“Bartrams always interview the students who are proposing to come, again giving them perhaps their first experience in an interview situation.”
The school, in Manor Road, has more than 150 pupils on work experience with 107 companies.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Terry, head teacher at Witchford Village College, said: “We are very grateful to Bartrams for their support and for the amazing opportunities they offer our pupils.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town