Pumpkin profits passed on
THE profits from this year s Soham pumpkin fair were distributed on November 20 at a social event at the Soham Lodge Motel. Chairman of the organising committee, Mark Williams, presented two cheques for £600 to the Soham Fenlander Majorettes and Soham Tow
THE profits from this year's Soham pumpkin fair were distributed on November 20 at a social event at the Soham Lodge Motel. Chairman of the organising committee, Mark Williams, presented two cheques for £600 to the Soham Fenlander Majorettes and Soham Town Colts.
This year's fair, which incorporated the national championships, featured entertainment from the majorettes.
Kim Wilson and Lynne Bysouth said the donation was much appreciated as the groups were fundraising to replace the caravan they need to use as a base to take bookings in the summer. The replacement will cost £3,000 and the £600 from the Pumpkin Fair has almost doubled the money raised so far.
Mark Prewett, from Soham Town Colts Football Club, said the cheque from the Pumpkin Fair committee would be used to help with the ongoing running of the club and provide an opportunity for young people of all ages to continue to enjoy organised football and football coaching.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped that next year's Pumpkin Fair on September 29 will again incorporate the national championships and also coincide with Soham's twinning event.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity