Pudsey and pals to pass through East Cambridgeshire on 470-mile Children in Need fundraising mission
- Credit: Archant
The One Show’s Children in Need rickshaw will pedal through East Cambridgeshire as part of its 470-mile fundraising journey this month.
A team of six youngsters will be joined by BBC presenter Matt Baker in cycling 470 miles from the Scottish market town of Jedburgh down the east coast of the country to raise money for Children in Need.
The fundraising journey begins on Friday November 11 and will see the team travel down the coast to King’s Lynn, before taking in the sights of Littleport, Chettisham, Ely, Little Thetford, Stretham and Wilburton on their way to London on Friday November 18.
The challenge, now in its sixth year, has raised more than £12million for Children in Need and in keeping with tradition, the young riders will not only test their pedal power, but also their mettle, as they deliver speeches to a live audience explaining their motivations for taking on the challenge.
Matt Baker said: “Every year I am inspired by the incredible young people who take on the Rickshaw Challenge, and this year is no different.
You may also want to watch:
“The six young riders in Team Rickshaw have faced major challenges in their lives already, but thanks to the Charity they have been able to overcome so much; and now they feel ready to give back.
“We hope that the public will rally behind them to help raise more money for BBC Children in Need. It really does make such a difference.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
A real-time update of the rickshaw’s progress is available at http://pudsey.viewranger.com/, and to support the challenge, you can donate either £5 or £10 by text by texting the word TEAM to 70405.
To donate £10 text TEAM to 70410. Texts will cost your donation plus the standard network message change. All of your donation will go to BBC Children in Need. You must be 16 or over and please ask for the bill payer’s permission. For more information and full terms and conditions go to bbc.co.uk/pudsey.