PUBLIC give a positive response to plans for Ely’s new Octagon Park
PLANS for a multi-million pound retail park for Ely - including a new hotel and a new Tesco store - have been welcomed by residents, according to developers.
Healy Investments Ltd say nearly 400 people turned up when the plans for the new Octagon Park went on display at Ely Maltings, and most of the feedback has been positive.
Matthew Chandler of Healy Investments Ltd said: “We’re really pleased with the turn out we got at the exhibition and with the positive response we have had from local residents.
“I was particularly pleased with the praise we received for the mix of uses we are proposing and the overall design. We already have a planning approval for the site but the mix of uses weren’t quite right for this location, so we wanted to do something different. The comments we have received have told us that this was the right decision.
“The next stage for us is to review the comments in more detail before submitting a planning application. We hope to be in a position to submit by the end of this month”
You may also want to watch:
The scheme for the Angel Drove business area includes replacing the existing nearby Tesco store, and creating a DIY store, a hotel and business units. Mr Healy said: “Our studies have found that many people currently travel to Newmarket and Cambridge to do much of their shopping. our plans for Octagon Park will address this and help the city to become more economically self sufficient.”
- 1 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 9 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 10 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career