Pub landlords receive 'thank you' certificate
PUB landlords Mike and Ann Hunt, pictured, from the Prince Albert in Silver Street recently received a thank you certificate from East Anglia Children s Hospice at Milton after raising hundreds of pounds for the charity. Mike said: We raised £1764 in
PUB landlords Mike and Ann Hunt, pictured, from the Prince Albert in Silver Street recently received a 'thank you' certificate from East Anglia Children's Hospice at Milton after raising hundreds of pounds for the charity.
Mike said: "We raised £1764 in seven months for the charity, it is the second time we have organised a collection for EACH."
The couple sell books, puzzles, DVD's and computer games brought in by their customers in the pub.
Ann also makes and sells preservatives to raise money.
You may also want to watch:
"We hold regular raffles and ask for people to donate the prizes. These are all well backed by our regulars and a great way to raise money," added Mike.
The couple believe that over the years they have raised more than £35,000 for a variety of different charities, including Larkfields and Highfields schools and Cares.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
Photo: HELEN DRAKE