Pub landlords receive 'thank you' certificate
PUB landlords Mike and Ann Hunt, pictured, from the Prince Albert in Silver Street recently received a thank you certificate from East Anglia Children s Hospice at Milton after raising hundreds of pounds for the charity. Mike said: We raised £1764 in
PUB landlords Mike and Ann Hunt, pictured, from the Prince Albert in Silver Street recently received a 'thank you' certificate from East Anglia Children's Hospice at Milton after raising hundreds of pounds for the charity.
Mike said: "We raised £1764 in seven months for the charity, it is the second time we have organised a collection for EACH."
The couple sell books, puzzles, DVD's and computer games brought in by their customers in the pub.
Ann also makes and sells preservatives to raise money.
"We hold regular raffles and ask for people to donate the prizes. These are all well backed by our regulars and a great way to raise money," added Mike.
The couple believe that over the years they have raised more than £35,000 for a variety of different charities, including Larkfields and Highfields schools and Cares.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 6 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 7 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
Photo: HELEN DRAKE