The Cherry Tree pub in Haddenham is on the market but operators insist it has not been sold for development
- Credit: Archant
A popular pub in Haddenham will be closing at the end of November as operator Punch Pubs say the site is on the market.
Owners claimed earlier this week that The Cherry Tree was being sold for redevelopment of houses.
However, Punch Pubs insist they were “unaware” of the sudden closure of the pub and it is now being marketed for freehold sale.
A special leaving party will be held at the venue on Duck Lane on October 27.
In a post on The Cherry Tree’s Facebook page, it read: “Hello all the customers of The Cherry Tree, sadly we will be closing down at the end of November.
“We tried and failed to stop the plot being sold for development, this makes me really sad, but it’s out of our control.
“Currently on Haddenham notices and events we are being given a very poor review from customers whom do not even attend the pub or supported it.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 4 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
“Please to all of you who have enjoyed our pub give us a thumbs up on some of the unnecessary posts.
“We have a very special leaving party on the October 27 please keep a watch on here for news. Thank you all for your support.”
A spokesperson for Punch Pubs said: “Unfortunately we were unaware of our publican’s intention to close the business in November and will be discussing this matter with them directly.
“The Cherry Tree pub is being marketed for freehold sale.”
At the start of the year, the pub was given a makeover, selling craft ales, lagers and handmade dishes.