Students learn about healthy lifestyle choices at Witchford Village College PSHE day
- Credit: Archant
Internet safety, healthy living advice and a presentation by Cambs Fire and Rescue were all part of the big personal, social and health education day held at Witchford Village College.
A range of interesting and informative talks were given on Wednesday (June 27) to help young people make the right life choices.
The Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service gave a presentation about water safety, which was well-received by Year 7 students.
The Skills Service brought their popular Activote system, which is an interactive quiz about students’ views on careers and careers information.
The College was given feedback on the quiz results enabling them to tailor a full careers programme for students.
You may also want to watch:
This session also included an introduction to the legal profession by Fraser Dawbarns LLP Solicitors.
Staff-lead sessions took place on student relevant topics such as internet safety, peer pressure, healthy lifestyles and body image.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
All were designed to give students the facts they need to make informed decisions while at the college and in the future.
As a bonus, the good weather meant that many sessions moved outside and a Healthy Lifestyles rounders match was also played.