Protesters set up camp at RAF Mildenhall
PROTESTERS are setting up a peace camp at RAF Mildenhall in demonstration against murderous cargo flights which they say are transporting weapons to the Middle East. Around 30 protesters, some of whom are members of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament
PROTESTERS are setting up a peace camp at RAF Mildenhall in demonstration against "murderous cargo flights" which they say are transporting weapons to the Middle East.
Around 30 protesters, some of whom are members of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, believe two planes diverted to the US airbase from Scotland were carrying weapons destined for the troubled region.
Eastern region campaign organiser for the CND, Mell Harrison, said: "As long as the US continues its support for Israel we are going to continue this protest.
"These planes are flying out from Kelly in Texas, where the US keeps its weapons and re-fuelling here before flying out to Tel Aviv."
You may also want to watch:
Asked how long she expects the demonstration to last, she said: "That will depend on what happens - we cannot put an exact time on it at this stage."
The base has refused to comment on whether or not the flights have been carrying weapons.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor