Protesters set up camp at RAF Mildenhall
PROTESTERS are setting up a peace camp at RAF Mildenhall in demonstration against murderous cargo flights which they say are transporting weapons to the Middle East. Around 30 protesters, some of whom are members of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament
PROTESTERS are setting up a peace camp at RAF Mildenhall in demonstration against "murderous cargo flights" which they say are transporting weapons to the Middle East.
Around 30 protesters, some of whom are members of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, believe two planes diverted to the US airbase from Scotland were carrying weapons destined for the troubled region.
Eastern region campaign organiser for the CND, Mell Harrison, said: "As long as the US continues its support for Israel we are going to continue this protest.
"These planes are flying out from Kelly in Texas, where the US keeps its weapons and re-fuelling here before flying out to Tel Aviv."
Asked how long she expects the demonstration to last, she said: "That will depend on what happens - we cannot put an exact time on it at this stage."
The base has refused to comment on whether or not the flights have been carrying weapons.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Petition launched to save village pub
- 5 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’