Protest at RAF base
PROTESTERS are setting up a peace camp at RAF Mildenhall in demonstration against murderous cargo flights which they say are transporting weapons to the Middle East. About 30 protesters, some of whom are CND members, believe two aircraft diverted to th
PROTESTERS are setting up a peace camp at RAF Mildenhall in demonstration against "murderous cargo flights" which they say are transporting weapons to the Middle East.
About 30 protesters, some of whom are CND members, believe two aircraft diverted to the US airbase from Scotland were carrying weapons destined for the troubled region.
Eastern region campaign organiser for CND, Mell Harrison, said: "As long as the US continues its support for Israel we are going to continue this protest.
"These planes are flying out from Texas, where the US keeps its weapons, and re-fuelling here before flying out to Tel Aviv."
You may also want to watch:
Asked how long she expects the demonstration to last, she said: "That will depend on what happens - we cannot put an exact time on it at this stage."
The base has refused to comment on whether or not the flights have been carrying weapons.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut