Prom night and show for charity
A PROM night, including a fashion show, will be held in Ely at the end of the month to raise money for a children s cancer charity. A Night at the Proms will be staged at The Maltings on January 31 in aid of CLIC Sargent, which provides individual support
A PROM night, including a fashion show, will be held in Ely at the end of the month to raise money for a children's cancer charity.
A Night at the Proms will be staged at The Maltings on January 31 in aid of CLIC Sargent, which provides individual support to children and young people with cancer and leukaemia.
Dresses for the event will be supplied by Something Special dress agency and hair and makeup will be by Clipso of Ely.
Beverly McPherson, who helped organise the event, said: "Because proms are aimed at teenagers, we wanted to do something that can help teenagers."
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Tickets fort he event, priced £5, are available from Clipso, in High Street, Ely, or Something Special in Newnham Street or call 01353 665808/775266. The event starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia