Prize-giving ceremony honours King’s Ely International students
- Credit: Archant
Students, staff, parents and friends came together at St Mary’s Church in Ely for the annual King’s Ely International Year 11 Prize-giving Ceremony.
The event, held on June 22, celebrated the achievements of 33 students who studied for their one-year international IGCSE at the school.
Veronica Fung, from Hong Kong; Anton Baur, from Germany; Natsuko Noguchi, from Japan; Iskander Sobitov, from Uzbekistan, and Iana Kozymir from Ukraine gave speeches after receiving their awards.
The ceremony was attended by 40 guests and was followed by a buffet in the Old Palace where students gave tearful farewells to their classmates.
In September, King’s will welcome back 17 of its international students for the start of their A-level programme.
Contributions to sport and overall improvement were also awarded.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’