Prize-giving ceremony honours King’s Ely International students
- Credit: Archant
Students, staff, parents and friends came together at St Mary’s Church in Ely for the annual King’s Ely International Year 11 Prize-giving Ceremony.
The event, held on June 22, celebrated the achievements of 33 students who studied for their one-year international IGCSE at the school.
Veronica Fung, from Hong Kong; Anton Baur, from Germany; Natsuko Noguchi, from Japan; Iskander Sobitov, from Uzbekistan, and Iana Kozymir from Ukraine gave speeches after receiving their awards.
The ceremony was attended by 40 guests and was followed by a buffet in the Old Palace where students gave tearful farewells to their classmates.
In September, King’s will welcome back 17 of its international students for the start of their A-level programme.
You may also want to watch:
Contributions to sport and overall improvement were also awarded.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely