Princess coming to Ely to launch new book
- Credit: Archant
Princess Michael of Kent is coming to Ely early next month to talk about her new book, Agnes Sorel: Mistress of Beauty.
The princess is scheduled to appear at the Old Bishop’s Palace, in Palace Green, on Monday, December 1, at an event organised by city booksellers Topping and Company.
The event starts at 7.30pm.
A spokesman for Toppings said: “Princess Michael of Kent has proved herself an elegant and insightful historian of Renaissance France.
“Her researches into her own fascinating ancestry have inspired her fictionalised Anjou Trilogy, the second of which traces the extraordinary rise of the young and innocent Agnes Sorel to the position of official Royal Mistress to Charles VII.
You may also want to watch:
“An atmospheric true-life tale of glamour and intrigue, told with flair and peopled by vividly evoked characters, Agnes Sorel: Mistress of Beauty is a thrilling piece of historical fiction, combining meticulous research with the gifts of a born storyteller.”
Tickets for the event, at £6, are available at www.toppingbooks.co.uk or by calling 01353 645005.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up