Princess coming to Ely to launch new book
- Credit: Archant
Princess Michael of Kent is coming to Ely early next month to talk about her new book, Agnes Sorel: Mistress of Beauty.
The princess is scheduled to appear at the Old Bishop’s Palace, in Palace Green, on Monday, December 1, at an event organised by city booksellers Topping and Company.
The event starts at 7.30pm.
A spokesman for Toppings said: “Princess Michael of Kent has proved herself an elegant and insightful historian of Renaissance France.
“Her researches into her own fascinating ancestry have inspired her fictionalised Anjou Trilogy, the second of which traces the extraordinary rise of the young and innocent Agnes Sorel to the position of official Royal Mistress to Charles VII.
You may also want to watch:
“An atmospheric true-life tale of glamour and intrigue, told with flair and peopled by vividly evoked characters, Agnes Sorel: Mistress of Beauty is a thrilling piece of historical fiction, combining meticulous research with the gifts of a born storyteller.”
Tickets for the event, at £6, are available at www.toppingbooks.co.uk or by calling 01353 645005.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening