Prince Albert Pub Picks Up Award For Its Real Ale
THE Prince Albert Pub in Ely has won a prestigious award for its real ale. The historic pub, in Silver Street, is run by Ian and Tracy Waldock, who were notified by real ale giants Greene King that they had won the Head Brewer s Award from Greene King s
THE Prince Albert Pub in Ely has won a prestigious award for its real ale.
The historic pub, in Silver Street, is run by Ian and Tracy Waldock, who were notified by real ale giants Greene King that they had won the Head Brewer's Award from Greene King's taste ace John Bexon.
The award is decided by a team of incognito testers who assess the merits of pubs and the quality of the ales they serve.
Ian and Tracy, who only took over running the popular and picturesque Ely pub last year, were delighted as The Albert is the only Ely pub to scoop a prize. The nearest fellow winner being, The Tharp Arms in Chippenham.
You may also want to watch:
Ian commented that it was a "reward for keeping beer well".
The Albert has recently been refurbished, but Ian and Tracy are looking to re-decorate the pub further with ancient fenland pictures and would welcome any donations that locals may want to give them.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'
- 5 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 6 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 7 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
The pub is also now serving food all day.
3154: Ian, with Tracy (right) and daughter Chelsea.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE