New garden room, kitchen and pizza oven after pub's £280k revamp
- Credit: GREENE KING
An Ely pub has a new garden room, kitchen and pizza oven following a £280,000 makeover.
The Prince Albert pub received the investment from Greene King Pub Partners and pub landlords Mike and Jeanene Connelly.
The joint investment has created a new oak framed garden room, with bifold doors providing an extra 40 covers.
There's also accessible unisex toilets, a pizza oven and a new kitchen all within a newly-landscaped garden.
Since taking the site 11 years ago, Mike and Jeanene (with the help of Greene King) have added a conservatory to the small tavern.
Chris Cocker, business development manager for Greene King Pub Partners, said: “Mike and Jeanene are experienced pub operators and are serial investors in their businesses alongside us.
"It’s brilliant to see what they have done at The Prince Albert over the years.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
"I’m sure with the new trading area, they will continue to go from strength to strength”.