Primary School’s achievement night
A SOHAM primary school is opening its doors to the public next month to celebrate its achievements over the last year. St Andrew s Primary School has built a brand new ICT suite and introduced a range of sports and creative clubs for youngsters. Today (Th
A SOHAM primary school is opening its doors to the public next month to celebrate its achievements over the last year.
St Andrew's Primary School has built a brand new ICT suite and introduced a range of sports and creative clubs for youngsters.
Today (Thursday) it will welcome parents and local business people as it formally opens the new suite and unveils six new interactive whiteboards.
The community open afternoon will involve contributions from children, staff, governors and a number of different organisations.
You may also want to watch:
Parents will have the opportunity to visit the different classrooms to see their children's work and governors, teaching and support staff will be available to talk to visitors.
There will also be the opportunity to observe and take part in demonstration lessons in the new computer suite.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Local businesses who might be interested in supporting the school's target of putting interactive whiteboards into a further eight classrooms are being invited to attend.
Headteacher, Richard Liddington, said: "St Andrew's has, of course, been a very important part of the Soham community for many years and this is something that we want to develop even further. We therefore want to take this opportunity to welcome visitors and find how they would like to see our school develop."
The event will run from 3.10pm to 7pm and is open to both existing and prospective parents as well as anybody interested in the school.